The market is full of chemical products that can be used to clean carpets. Most of them work but some are expensive and others are harmful for the environment. Making your own cleaning products is cheaper, greener and the safest around your loved ones. Here are a few ideas for homemade cleaning products.
What you’ll need:
- White Vinegar
- Baking soda
- Make a paste out of vinegar and baking soda
- Use a brush to spread some of the paste on a stain
- Let it dry and then vacuum the spot
- Repeat if necessary
Vinegar is acidic enough to remove really tough stains. It can be used on oily stains like chocolate. If this solution doesn’t work please refer to our spot specific cleaning instructions.
What to be mindful of:
- Remember to use the solution on a small invisible area to make sure it’s not harmful for the carpet fiber
- Avoid contact with eyes and minimize contact with skin
- Use your own discretion when mixing ingredients. Feel free to adjust the amount of vinegar or baking soda in your solution.