Rust stains are tough to handle. It is possible to remove them using simple household items that are quite available. It’s important to tackle the stain as soon as it’s found.
What you’ll need:
- Dish soap
- White Towels
- Paper towels
- Citrus fruit juice
- Dull Tool (e.g. scraper)
- Spray Bottle
How you’ll do it:
- Scrape off as much of the stain as possible using the scraper or any handy tool you may have.
- Soak the stain with citrus juice using the spray bottle (You can use bottled or freshly squeezed lemon or orange juice). Let it sit for 5-10 minutes.
- Blot with paper towel. Avoid scrubbing as it causes the stain to spread. If steps 1-3 don’t work move on to step 4.
- Create a solution of 1/3 tsp of dish soap with a liter of water.
- Apply the dish soap solution using a wet white towel.
- Blot the detergent and then spray the area with clean water.
- Let the area dry and finish with vacuuming.